Establish and maintain a continuous cybersecurity incident response system by following the steps that are practical in the book. Don’t let your cybersecurity incident response (IR) to not meet the standards because of a lack of preparation, planning and leadership support.
Being able to survive an incident or breach, will require the most effective response. This book offers practical advice on how to contain, eradicate of cybersecurity incidents and events.
The book follows the premise that incident response must be a regular program. Leaders need to be aware of the organization’s environment along with the strengths and weaknesses of the team and program and know how they can strategically respond. The most effective actions and behaviors to be taken in each phase of the response to incidents are covered throughout the publication. Based on NIST 800-61 These actions comprise:
- Planning and executing
- The detection
- Post-incident actions
How to Learn
- Learn about the sub-categories of NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Know the elements in an incident response
- Beyond the plan for responding to an incident
- Make the plan an actual program that requires vision and leadership to be succeed.
- Perform well in your role on the incident response team.
For Whom? This Book Is For
Cybersecurity executives, leaders, consultants and entry-level security professionals accountable in implementing the plan of response to an incident in the event of an incident.