Take advantage of this practical complete guide to cybersecurity and cyber security specifically written for non-technical readers. You’ll get the information you require to safeguard yourself, step by step, without judgement and using as little technical jargon as you can. How secure is your computer today? It’s likely that you don’t know. The computer and Internet have transformed the modern world, but like the majority of people, you’ve got no idea of how these devices operate and aren’t aware of the actual threats.
The security of your computer is similar to protecting a castle in medieval times. While walls, moats, drawbridges and castle guards could be effective, you’ll be broken trying to build something that is dragon-proof. This book isn’t concerned with securing yourself from attacks targeted by the NSA and the NSA; rather, it’s about protecting you against the common hacker and massive surveillance. There are numerous no-brainer items we can all be doing to safeguard your computer and protect your data. It’s as wearing a seat belt or installing smoke alarms and applying sunscreen.
The author Carey Parker has structured this book to provide you with maximal benefit with the least effort. If you’re just looking to know what you should do each chapter comes with an entire checklist that includes step-by-step instructions and illustrations. The book has more than 150 guidelines to keep your family and you safer. It contains:
- Updated steps to Windows 10 (Spring 2018) and Mac OS X High Sierra
- Mobile device coverage expanded to include security
- More coverage on security for children online
- More than 150 helpful tips, detailed step-by-step directions and photos
The Things You’ll Be Learning
- Find the solution to your password issues once and once and for all
- Explore the internet in safety and confidently
- Block tracking on the internet and block dangerous advertisements
- Pick the appropriate antivirus software for your needs.
- Securely send messages and files
- Install secure home networking
- Securely shop and bank online
- Accounts on social media are blocked from being locked down
- Create automatic copies of your backups for all devices
- Take control of your home computers
- Make use of your tablet and smartphone securely
- Safeguard your kids online
who is This Book Is For
People who use smartphones and computers, but don’t know (or actually aren’t interested in) about how they function. This book is written for those who want to understand what they should do to safeguard themselves step by step with no judgement, and using as little jargon as is possible.