Mobile Application Penetration Testing Book Description
Mobile security has made significant strides over the past few years. It has moved between “should this be taken care of?” to “it must be done!”Alongside the increasing number of devices and apps and devices, there is also an increase in the quantity of Personally identifiable information (PII) and financial Data and much more. These data must be protected.
Pen-testing is essential for the modern developers of applications. You must know how to safeguard the user’s data and identify flaws and loopholes in your application that could result in security violations.
This book will give you the essential skills required to secure test your mobile apps whether you are an aspiring developer, beginner, or security professional. It will begin by exploring the components inside the Android as well as an iOS application. Then, you’ll learn the inter-process interactions of these apps. After that, you’ll create an environment to test this application by using various tools to discover weaknesses and loopholes in the design of the application. Once you’ve gathered all data about the security loopholes we’ll begin to secure our applications against these risks.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn more about Android and iOS architectures as well as the most recent modifications
- Learn how to use various tool suites to evaluate the effectiveness of any application
- Create different strategies and methods to connect to mobile devices
- Develop a foundation to establish mobile application security concepts
- Techniques to grasp to take on various elements that make up an Android device, and to take advantage of the various functions that are available on an iOS device
- Find out about safe development techniques to be used for iOS and Android applications.
- Learn about threats modeling in mobile apps
- Learn the in-depth details of Android and iOS vulnerabilities in implementation and the best countermeasures while creating a mobile application